At GAIA, we practice gratitude all year long — for our work; for our families; for our friends; for the grace, health, and happiness that can be elusive for many people, for many reasons. But this time of year — with Thanksgiving around the corner — we like to take a bit of extra time to spell out exactly the blessings in our lives. Our team invites you to read our lists and to take a moment to make a list of your own. There's scientific proof that cultivating gratitude has the power to improve your life.
1. The glorious chaos of my big, happy, & healthy family.
2. The soul-feeding joy of my work with GAIA & the inspiring women we serve.
3. God’s grace & mercy — without it, I would have none of the above.
1. My family! I'm thankful for cozy fall mornings in our little jewel box home with my sweet husband & puppy, Jack, as well as the ability to travel to see my family in California — a luxury that many of the refugee women I work with don’t have.
2. A job that allows me to build relationships with, & advocate for, people who are often overlooked or unnoticed, but who need and deserve care & support as they rebuild their lives in a foreign place. It is an absolute honor to work on their behalf every day.
3. Citizenship in heaven — our world is a crazy place these days. I’m thankful for an eternal perspective that gives me hope & joy & peace in the midst of uncertainty.
1. A life full of love & support from my family, co-workers, friends.
2. Colin Grayson, the kindest man, who pushes me to be the best version of myself.
3. Last but certainly not least, a God who has blessed me with gifts that I can use every day.
1. My friends who have stuck with me through the good & the bad, support me no matter what, & are crazy fun.
2. The opportunity to have a job with a greater purpose than just a paycheck — a purpose to help others succeed & thrive.
3. I'm most grateful for the unmerited favor of God's grace. Because of the free gift of grace, I will always be fully loved & my life is completely secure.
1. My loving, hardworking, & super patient husband.
2. A year full of fun adventures all over the map. Our honeymoon in Turks & Caicos was my favorite.
3. A family that keeps my heart full of joy & belly full of laughter — including the newest member, our puppy, Izzy.
1. God's mercy and unconditional love.
2. My family nearby (my loving & supporting husband & gorgeous kids) and my family who are now far — but I hope we'll be able to get together soon.
3. My new family here at GAIA, who have welcomed me & my mother-in-law in every possible way, so that I look forward to each day I come to work.
1. God's sweet provision in my life, in our latest adventure with a new house, which will soon allow me to indulge in my love of decorating.
2. My family of boys always keeping me on my toes but loving me through bedtime hugs.
3. Morning coffee from the hubby and family movie nights.
1. What I consider the seven marvels of the world: to feel, to see, to taste, to hear, to touch, to smile, and to love.
2. My family and all their sacrifices to give me a better life — in America — and the freedom to live my American dream.
3. Art, books, movies, nature, people, and life, for inspiring me every day.
1. People in my life, both friends & family, who bring me up when I'm down & always encourage me to keep pushing toward my goals & dreams.
2. The Puckett family for making me feel loved from day one & being my Dallas family away from home.
3. The inspiring and hardworking women in my life whom I can lean on (Mom, you're No. 1)
1. The opportunity to pursue a master's degree.
2. My relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. My supportive family.